One of the best things about living during this time in history is the incredible new technologies that are constantly being released. Things like video conferencing were a thing of dreams when I saw this on Star Trek as a boy, and now it is a reality. Many of the latest technologies are particularly useful while traveling. Below, you will find some of my 10 favorites.
1. Ok let’s be honest, we all get anxiety when our phones reach 20%. Dig into your pocket, and charge your phone 4x faster with Mophie Powerstation Plus Charger. It is not the most affordable, but… you get what you pay for.
2. Protect all of your favorite memories with the Panasonic Lumix TS6. This camera can be submerged in water for up to 43 feet. It can also withstand extreme cold, humidity, and dryness.
3. Take professional-quality photos with Olloclip. This lens clips onto the corner of your iPhone 6 and widens the field view for landscape shots. It also includes a fish eye lens, and two other lenses for portrait shots and detail shots.
4. Tired of clumsily digging around your bag, looking for your accessories? The Knomad Mini helps protect and organize your personal belongings.
5. The hardest thing when packing for a trip, is keeping everything organized. Taking the Boa Squeeze Bag on a hike is convenient because it is slick, and protects expensive gadgets. The bag has a Terralinq number embedded in the threading, which can be tracked down if lost or misplaced.
6. I find typing on a laptop keyboard can sometimes be difficult. Logitech K380 Bluetooth keyboard makes typing much easier. It is light and connects wirelessly to iPhones, Microsoft PC, and Android tablets.
7. ThinOptics Glasses is a phone case that wields sturdy reading lenses that fold into the iPhone case.
8. Google Hangouts, Facetime, Skype, Viber… If you are not using all or some of these, you are missing out. If you are in a long distance relationship and you are not using these, you are crazy. And when on extended trips away from loved ones, these video conferencing platforms help immensely.
9. Create memories on the spot! Prynt Smartphone Case is a phone case that prints photos from your palm without the need for ink.
10. This last one isn’t new, but in my opinion it is a MUST, especially for longer trips. Always bring a tablet with you, loaded with your favorite guilty pleasure TV shows or movies. You never know when you may encounter flight delays, and this can make the time fly by.