What better place to celebrate New Years than Rio de Janeiro! Experience the unmatched beauty and charm of this famous city, as well as its friendly, captivating people, known as Cariocas. Located between the mountains and sea, Rio de Janeiro is a tropical urban resort that offers delicious cuisine, terrific shopping, and stunning scenery.
The beaches are loaded with eye candy as far as the eye can see, and the night scene explodes with some of the best venues and music in the world.
Don't spend another day in the cold. With the approaching World Cup and 2016 Olympics, the word's eyes are on cast on Rio, and there has never been a better time to visit. Let Zoom Vacations® give you the vacation of your dreams in stunning Rio de Janeiro!
This trip combines the perfect hotel, exclusive Zoom events, plus plenty of free time to give you a vacation that is fabulous, fun, personalized, and relaxing.
Escorted by Zoom Vacations® owners, Joel Cabrera andBryan Herb.
• Signature Zoom Event™ - An Incredible welcome cocktail reception and sumptuous Brazilian dinner, poolside, with commanding views of the Corcovado, and featuring one of Rio's hottest DJs! Open bar and dinner included
• Signature Zoom Event™ Our helicopter tour of Rio de Janeiro with a sensational lunch and tour of Sugarloaf Mountain!
• Zoom Picnic on the Praia. enjoy one of the most famous gay beaches in the world, while Zoom Vacations takes care of all the logistics, from beverages to bites to beach chairs and beyond!
• 5 nights twin share air conditioned Accommodations of your choice (standard rooms and suites available) at the Ipanema Plaza Hotel, the newest luxury hotel in Rio, just one block from Ipanema beach.
• A hearty Brazilian hot and cold Buffet Breakfast daily.
• Signature Zoom Event™ - Special New Years Eve Dinner with champagne.
• All private transfers to/from Zoom Vacations® events.
• Services of a full time and dedicated Zoom Concierge™ throughout the trip.
• Rio de Janeiro gay survival guide, complete with information on nightlife, restaurants, beaches, shopping, and much more.
• Optional Signature Zoom Tour™ - “Taste of Rio” allows you to experience the various tastes, sounds and sites that make Rio so marvelous.
• Optional excursions such as hang-gliding, Favela tour, Tijuca Forest, Corcovado, Sugar Loaf, and Recovery Brunch
• Advance ticket purchase options for the best dance events of the week, such as Alegria Rio and Revolution, exclusively for Zoom Vacations® travelers
• All this and more . . . Exclusively for Zoom Vacations® travelers
• Ipanema Plaza Hotel. This 4 star property is the closest hotel to the gay beach, and is truly the hot spot for the week!
24 Hour Front Desk
Safe Deposit Box
AM/FM Alarm Clock Modem Lines in Room
Television with Cable
Air: International and domestic airfare not included. Zoom Vacations® has negotiated a 5% off your fare with American Airlines on this trip. Go to aa.com/rainbow, type in your departure city and arrival city and don’t forget to enter the Promotion Code: 77D4AZ. Click " Get Fare".
*Land onlyIntroductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Visas: Please note that currently US citizens must have a Brazilian Visa to enter Brazil. If you are not a US citizen, please contact your nearest Brazilian Consulate to determine your visa requirements.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
Watch our Zoom Vacations® Rio Carnaval Video
Zoom Vacations®' gay group tour to Rio for Carnaval gives our travelers the most incredible experience in Rio de Janeiro. Events unique to Zoom Vacations®, plus front row seats at the Sambadromo and tickets to the best party in town make this an amazing experience one will never forget. Our upcoming trips to Rio for New Years and Carnaval promise to be equally extraordinary.
Paraty is a small gay-friendly colonial town on the west coast between Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. With beautiful beaches and undisturbed nature it also boasts over 400 years of history. It was one of the most important ports of Brazil and it's name was synonymous with cachaça. Today, it is known as one of the most gay-friendly places in Brazil, largely because of its openly gay mayor!
Paraty was one of the most important towns in Brazil during the Gold Rush. Today Paraty is a small historic town with elegant stores and many quaint hotels and inns that receive visitors from all over the world. From Paraty, one can easily get to over 65 islands, many with private beaches, swimming coves, and charming, rustic restaurants.
Paraty (para-chee) is a popular destination for European tourists but is unknown by most Americans. The old colonial homes are white-washed, embellished with intricate colored moldings. The roads are paved with river stone and cars are not allowed on the streets in the historic center. In the evenings, jazz music spills out from yellow-lit doorways, and impeccable cuisine abounds in authentic restaurants.
• Round trip transfer by luxury motorcoach (about 3.5 hours through stunning scenery) with tons of food, drinks, movies, etc.
• Fabulous Boutique Accommodations in the historic city center.
• Island hopping by boat among 65 scenic islands.
• A fabulous lunch on a private island.
• Unique dining experience with a famous Brazilian chief using local ingredients from the Brazilian Amazon. You are invited into the private home of Yara Castro Roberts, where using local ingredients, Yara demonstrates the preparation of a typical Brazilian meal. The experience is enhanced as guests participate and share in the preparation of this incredible culinary experience. The stories, the fun and the drink flow to make this a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Dinner, drinks, and wine included!
• Optional horseback riding through the tropical rainforest, past beautiful waterfalls
Testimonials From Past Zoom Rio Vacations
All I can say about my experience with Zoom and Rio is that my friends and family are sick and tired of my stories of how wonderful everything was. You can hear it, read it or even see pictures/video, but it will never even come close to living it...thank you for an incredible memory!
Mark Armstrong, LA: Zoom Rio Vacation
Man, did I have a blast! Thanks for hanging with me and making this trip so great. I want to go again next year. I have been telling all my friends about how great Zoom Vacations® treated us and how they should take part.
Juan Rocha, Phoenix: Zoom Rio Vacation
We had a blast. It was the best vacation I have ever taken. I thought being in a group might be stifling or a drag-- but having 70 instant friends was awesome. (I am very shy and find it hard to meet folks… LOL). You do GREAT work.
Craig, Sacramento: Zoom Rio Vacation
I sincerely want to thank you for what could possibly be the best trip of my life. I knew that I was going to like it but I never expected to be as GREAT as it was. You guys gave us the best New Years (and I'm talking also from many, many great comments that I heard from some of the other guys of our group). I'm very happy that I made the decision of going to Rio with ZOOM, and I also know that this is just the first of many vacations that I'm going to put in your hands.
Eddy Roblero, San Jose, Costa Rica: Zoom Rio Vacation
I had a wonderful time! Truly the best vacation I ever had!
Mark Allen, Maryville, TN: Zoom Rio Vacation
I had the good fortune of meeting Joel Cabrera here in New York during PRIDE and I said that if I ever went to Brazil, which I have been dying (my hair) to do for years, that I would give him a call. Fate stepped in and I had the best vacation ever.
Carson Kressley, New York City: Zoom Rio Vacation
I want to thank you for a marvelous trip. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have recommended Zoom Vacations® to numerous people. I appreciate all the hard work you put into the adventure to make it one of the most pleasurable and memorable vacations I’ve ever had. I especially enjoyed all the new friends I met.
Michael, New York City: Zoom Rio Vacation
Dear Bryan and Joel,
Please receive our thanks for arranging such a wonderful trip. In addition to making new friendships and enjoying Rio de Janeiro, you helped us make our seventh anniversary a happy occasion.
Alex and Matt, New York City: Zoom Rio Vacation
Dear Zoom Vacations®,
We want to thank you for a much needed and wonderful vacation in Rio. We had an amazing time! You sure do know how to put together an incredible adventure we will remember for the rest of our lives. The itinerary of events, the friendships and the amazing men made for an experience we would recommend to everyone. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Meade, Miami: Zoom Rio Vacation
At least I still have my Brazilian tan to show for the phenomenal time that you guys provided for all of us. I can't thank you guys enough for all of the amazing care and special touches you thought of to bring the year to a great end and to make the new year start off in the best possible way!
Will, LA: Zoom Rio Vacation
Just wanted to say thanks for putting together such a fantastic itinerary and trip to Rio. It was truly one of the best vacations I have had in several years....the weather, the activities, and the people too...a really nice group of people came together for the trip. You guys really out did (is that a word?) yourselves on the activities. I'll definitely be giving you a glowing review to anyone who asks about my experience with your travel company.
Greg, New York City: Zoom Rio Vacation
Just a quick note to let you know how much fun we had in Brazil. THANK YOU for doing such a fantastic job for us. Your planning and the choices you made were perfect, but it was the personal touches, your warmth, and the ease with which you handled each day that really made a lasting impression with us. There had to be a lot of behind-the-scenes stress that you never showed, and that is truly amazing considering the detail involved, and the high expectations of your clientele.
John and Jeff, Detroit: Zoom Rio Vacation
Dear Zoom Vacations®,
Thanks for organizing a great time in Rio. We both had a fun and relaxing time. We’re not the best tourists as we often like to do our own thing, at our own pace. But your organization allowed us to do just that, so thank you for making our Rio Adventure another great experience.
Steve and Greg, Wisconsin: Zoom Rio Vacation
Click here to read more testimonials on our testimonials page.