With stunning plazas, impressive architecture, world-renowned museums, great restaurants, and an incredibly vibrant gay scene, Madrid has its finger on the pulse of everything cool at the moment.
During Madrid Gay Pride, hundreds of thousands of gay people come to Madrid to celebrate their pride in a magnificent setting with fellow gay travelers from all over the world!
Did you know that Spain provides one of the highest degrees of liberty in the world for its LGBT community? It is one of ten countries that allows same-sex marriage and permits adoption by same-sex couples.
Gay Pride in Madrid is not just tolerated, but celebrated, and Zoom Vacations® has done its research to make sure you get the most out of Gay Pride in Madrid. However, this is more than just a gay pride trip, but a cultural, sophisticated, and even gastronomic celebration of the Spanish experience.
Gay Tour Highlights
• Fully escorted with the services of a Zoom Vacations® Concierge throughout the trip.
• 5 nights Accommodations in one of the finest 5 star hotels in Madrid, located in the heart of everything.
• Buffet breakfast daily.
• Welcome cocktails at an exclusive, historic, location.
• Tickets to the week's best dance parties.
• Invitation to a private party at a local gay loft overlooking the city. This is the pefect place to meet locals and new friends from around the world.
• A Taste of Madrid city tour where you will be introduced to the sites, sounds, and tastes that have made Madrid one of the world's most famous and decadent cities.
• Authentic Spanish Flamenco show and dinner.
• Day trip to the historic, medieval walled city of Toledo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lunch included. Toledo is a true architectural masterpiece, and a where historically Christian, Jewish and Moorish cultures coexisted.
• Escorted gay nightlife outings, where we take you to the heart of the action.
• Pride Parade! Watch the parade amongst old and new friends made on the trip, from one of the prime spots on the route.
• Zoom Vacations® gay guide to Madrid, including our recommendations for the city's best restaurants, gay nightlife, museums, excursions, and more.
• Optional Flamenco Dancing lessons. Learn the sexy, passionate dance for which Spain is famous.
• Optional Prado Museum tour with an art historian. Many avid museum goers (including Zoom Vacations® co-founder Bryan Herb) will tell you that the Prado is their favorite museum.
• Optional party tickets to the best events of the week.
• Add-on trips to Barcelona and Seville (contact us for more information).
5 Star Gay-Friendly Accommodations
The AC Palacio del Retiro Hotel, 5 stars
This Hotel was a mansion built at the beginning of the 20th Century, converted into a discreet luxury hotel in October, 2004. Its unique location offers magnificent views of Retiro Park.
It occupies the center of the magical Art Triangle, Prado Museum, the Tyssen-Bornemisza Collection and Reina Sofiía National Art Museum. Ideally located in the center of the cultural area, and just a short walk to the adjacent gay area, Chueca.
The AC Palacio del Retiro Hotel offers the pleasure of resting in one of the monuments of the historic city center with the luxury of a great hotel. A Mansion of fifty-one bedrooms where both discretion and tranquility reign at all times. You will also enjoy the exclusive Complementary SPA, well-appointed gym, restaurant, and bar.
When you cross the threshold of your room you will feel you are in a space that is all yours, full of the exclusive details:
Plasma TV (High brightness panel TV, PC Monitor compatible)
TV with more than 20 channels
High-speed Wi-Fi Internet access
24 hour laundry service
Complimentary Shoe Shine
24 hour Room Service
Bathrobes and slippers
Air: International and domestic airfare not included. Zoom Vacations® has negotiated a 5% off your fare with American Airlines on this trip. Go to aa.com/rainbow, type in your departure city and arrival city and don’t forget to enter the Promotion Code: 1362EJ. Click " Get Fare".
*Land only Introductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change.
Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
Madrid Gay Pride 2009 Part 1, with Zoom Vacations®
Gay Pride in Madrid is not just tolerated, but celebrated, and Zoom Vacations® did its research to make sure we got the most out of Gay Pride in Madrid. However, this is more than just a gay pride trip, but a cultural, sophisticated, celebration of the Spanish experience. Part one covers Madrid and Toledo. Part 2 covers the Kylie concert, Mr. Gay Spain competition, and the parade.
Madrid Gay Pride 2009 with Zoom Vacations®: Part 2
During Madrid Gay Pride, hundreds of thousands of gay people come to Madrid to celebrate their pride in a magnificent setting with fellow gay travelers from all over the world! We split the coverage of Zoom Vacations®' trip to Gay Pride into two parts: Part one covers Madrid and Toledo. Part 2 covers the Kylie concert, Mr. Gay Spain competition, and the parade.