China seems to be on the minds of everyone lately. Its economy is booming, its major cities like Shanghai are developing at a rapid pace, and the Olympics in China were arguably more spectacular than any before.
With all this excitement, there is no better time to come to China, and Zoom Vacations® has created a once-in-a-lifetime trip, combining culture, history, glamour, authentic cuisine, and 5 star Accommodations throughout, all with the gay sensibilty you've come to expect from Zoom. Plus, this trip is escorted by Zoom Vacations® Owner, Joel Cabrera.
We'll take you to gay-friendly businesses and restaurants, eclectic gay bars, chic gay lounges, and even the latest gay clubs with a mix of patrons thumping to the latest music. You'll soon see that gay China is not the dishes you inherited from your grandmother.
See firsthand the Terra Cotta Warriors, ascend the Great Wall of China, explore the nightlife of Beijing, visit charming villages, and enjoy the best of the cuisine and service for which China is famous!
• Fully escorted with the services of a Zoom Vacations® Concierge throughout the trip.
• Visit Beijing’s Tiananmen Square and enter the imperial Forbidden City through the Gate of Heavenly Peace.
• Sightseeing and cocktails on the lesser visited Mutianyu section of the Great Wall.
• Breakfast daily in our five star hotels and resorts.
• Lunch and dinner in Beijing and Shanghai’s best gourmet restaurants, one of which is considered among the 50 best in the world, per itinerary.
• Admire the traditional courtyard residences along Beijing hutongs in the comfort of a rickshaw.
• Visit a private home in Hutong where Mrs. Wong will teach us how to make real Chinese dumplings.
• Travel to Northwest Beijing to visit The Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s finest landmarks.
• View the Beijing 2008 Olympic Village and the National Stadium.
• Stroll along the magnificent Ming Dynasty Xian City Walls.
• Learn Chinese Calligraphy at Tang Dynasty Museum.
• View the 8,000 life size Terra Cotta Warriors of Emperor Qin Shihuanghi's tomb.
• Visit the 742 A.D. built Great Mosque, which blends Islamic and Chinese Han architecture.
• See the beauty of Guilin firsthand.
• Visit Reed Flute Cave, a natural geological wonder.
• Shop the pedestrian streets of charming Yangshuo village.
• Cruise on the Li River along emerald green rice paddy fields and be exposed to the indescribable beauty and scenery surrounding it.
• Shop at the “Biggest Market of the World”.
• Visit 1,400 year old Yangshuo Village and the diverse ethnic minority groups, including Hui, Zhuang, Yao and others, which enrich it with special folk cultures.
• Enjoy the folk dancing show “Impression Sister Liu,” in the comfort of a VIP seat; an open air theater performance like no other, combining light and water.
• Bicycle around beautiful Yangshuo to visit Moon Hill.
• Stroll in the peaceful Ming Dynasty Yu Garden.
• Explore the charming Zhujajiao Village water canals by boat.
• Sleep in only the most exclusive hotels and resorts in China.
• Enjoy our Farewell dinner on the Bund, with magical Shanghai and its evening lightshow as your backdrop.
• Optional: Watch a Master Kung Fu Show at Hong Theatre in Beijing from the best VIP seats.
• Optional: Enjoy the Shanghai Era Acrobatic Show in exclusive VIP seats.
• Optional: Enjoy a Tang Dynasty dinner and show of national art that reflects the dramatic glory and richness of that era.
5 Star Gay-Friendly Accommodations
Shangri-La China World Summit, Beijing *****
The China World Trade Center soars majestically before you and you are immediately impressed. From street level, the view of one of Beijing’s most prestigious addresses is breathtaking, but the view from the top promises to be even more stunning and you can’t wait to see it.
The elevator rises swiftly to the 80th floor, where China World Summit Wing is located. You enter a hotel decorated with tasteful, ultra-modern interiors and design that marry traditional Chinese beauty with Western chic.
And then you see the view.
The vibrant city bustles below and the rooftops of the Forbidden City are visible from where you stand.
Hilton, Xi'an *****
Enjoy a central location in downtown Xi'an at the contemporary Hilton Xi'an hotel. Stay in a spacious guest room where you will refresh in marble bathrooms, and stay connected with high-speed internet access.
This downtown hotel offers plenty of opportunity to stay active throughout your visit to Xi'an. Enjoy an invigorating workout at the fitness center, plunge into the swimming pool, and unwind with treatments at the spa. The Hilton received the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award. This honor is awarded to establishments that achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site.
Jing An Shangri-la, Shanghai *****
The charm of Shanghai is accentuated in the city’s upscale Jing An district, where glamorous malls and skyscrapers stand alongside quaint shops and lane houses.
Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai is central to the 450,000 square-meter Jing An Kerry Center, which integrates prime hotel, retail, office and residential space overlooking a beautifully landscaped piazza.
Shangri-La provides a respite from the city. After an easy check-in, you consider your options for dinner: an international buffet spread at Café Liang and mezzanine, succulent steak at The 1515 West, Chophouse & Bar or South-Eastern Chinese cuisine at Summer Palace.
Featuring an elegant, contemporary style, the guestrooms measure between 42 and 62 square meters.
Shangri-La Guilin *****
Guilin's newest international five-star luxury hotel, the Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin sets new standards for luxury and service in this remarkable city.
Overlooking the picturesque Li River, the Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin is ideally located. Guilin's leading tourist attractions, including Diecai Mountain and the city's charming pedestrian tourist area, are all easily accessible. Starting at a spacious 425 square feet, the hotel's guest rooms are the largest in Guilin.
With some of the finest restaurants and bars in the region, Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin offers a sensational culinary experience. From elegant cocktails and fine dining to casual poolside snacks, the hotel's restaurants and bars provide a great venue for any occasion.
Air: International and domestic airfare not included. Zoom Vacations® has negotiated a 5% off your fare with American Airlines on this trip. Go to aa.com/rainbow, type in your departure city and arrival city and don’t forget to enter the Promotion Code: 8954DB. Click " Get Fare".
*Land onlyIntroductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
Videos from past China Tours
Zoom Vacations® Trip to China: Part 1
Zoom Vacations® co-owners Bryan Herb and Joel Cabrera lead you through the heart of massive Beijing, showing you the places you won't want to miss, such as the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China.
Zoom Vacations® China Tour:
In this video, we head to Xian and visit the Terracotta Warriors, learn the art of caligraphy, see a traditional show from the Tang Dynasty, and we even get a little reflexology.
Zoom Vacations® China Tour:
In today's video, we visit the Rice Terraces outside of Guilin, cruise the
stunning Li River, visit the village of Yangshuo, and see and incredible
performance at the world's largest outdoor Theater. The night show is
directed by Yimou Zhuang, who was the director of the 2008 Olympic Opening
Zoom Vacations® China Tour. Part 4: Shanghai
In this video you get to hear Bryan's crazy pronunciations of Chinese words. Plus, you'll see footage from Shanghai and Water Town. This was the last stop on our incredible trip through China.